THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR SUMMER 2019 IS NOW CLOSED.
INTERESTED IN A FALL 2019 INTERNSHIP? PLEASE CONTACT BEKAH DE BOER AT BEKAH.DEBOER@THEPRESIDENCY.ORG.
CSPC offers unpaid internships for undergraduate and graduate students during the spring, summer, and fall semesters. CSPC internships offer motivated students the opportunity to learn first-hand about the international and domestic issues confronting the American Presidency and Legislature in a fast-moving DC think tank.
Who We're Looking For:
Internship applicants must maintain a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment and be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and eager to learn. The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior or graduate student with a demonstrated interest in the Presidency and U.S. government policy. Students in all majors are welcome to apply, especially those studying political science, history, international relations, economics, business, or journalism.
What To Expect:
Interns will work closely with senior CSPC staff; while interns are assigned a primary project to work on during their time at the Center based on their experience and qualifications, they also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of Center activities and operations during their internship.
Professional responsibilities may include:
- Working with experienced policymakers and former government officials;
- Conducting research and writing to support Center projects and policy analysis;
- Helping to organize meetings with executive and legislative public officials, the media, Presidential scholars, and other NGO leaders;
- Assisting with conferences, publications and public relations outreach.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications received, the Center will only contact those selected for interviews.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter indicating your availability (number of days of a week available to work, and approximate start and end dates);
- Your resume;
- A brief (no more than 3 pages) writing sample on a relevant topic of your choice.
It is preferable that interns work Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., when the Center's offices are open to gain the maximum experience and be truly integrated into the Center's projects. Exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis. The Center's office is conveniently located in downtown DC and close to three Metro lines.
For more information on our internship program, please contact Bekah De Boer via e-mail or at 202-872-9800.